Each of the following sentences is missing one of the words from the article and the pre-quiz. Type in the missing word in the box below each sentnece.
1.An mp3 player is a ___________ for storing and playing music.
2. When neon atoms are excited by electrons, the atoms ___________ red light.
3. The concert was very long: it __________ more than three hours.
4. Suddenly, I was ________ of someone standing behind me.
5. After the drug was administered, there was a _____________ increase in the patient's heart rate, which soon returned to normal.
6. The doctors ____________ the patient's heart rate all night.
7. Installing anti-virus software on your computer can help ___________ it from being infected.
8. Scientists have recently ____________ a computer that will only cost $100. They will soon begin to produce it and distribute it to children around the world.