Call for articles: Theory to practice in simulation
Special issue of Simulation & Gaming: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Theory, Practice and Research. http://sg.sagepub.com/ | http://www.unice.fr/sg/.
With this special issue of Simulation & Gaming, we call on authors to prepare and contribute original and unpublished articles exploring specific learning theories that guide best practices in simulation. Theory guides practice and practice guides theory. Practice theory is descriptive and we need to describe the use of the learning theories that support best-practices in active, engaging, and informative simulation-based instruction.
We will use a Conceptual paper design and a structured abstract. For this special issue, we prefer articles to be short communications (1500-2500 words) of one or two specific learning theories applicable to appropriate instructional design and simulation-based instruction.
• Receipt of proposals: summer, 2014.
• Response to proposals: within in a month.
• Submission of manuscripts: fall, 2014
• First review: to be submitted by end of fall 2014.
• Revision (maybe 2nd review), editing, proofing, in a month
• Online publication: as articles are accepted.
• Publication of special issue: possibly early/mid 2015